Sunday, August 22, 2010

Spicy!

As planned, I used my vegetable puree from yesterday in an easy chana masala recipe I found here. I think I just googled "chana masala" to find this site, but it looks like there's a bunch of other tasty things to try out.

I didn't have turmeric or cumin seeds and I threw in some red pepper for some heat (maybe not the best idea in retrospect), but I think it turned out pretty tasty. I served mine over a bed of baby spinach and topped it with a dollop of Greek yogurt.

It's highly unlikely that the hubs would even be interested in trying this, especially after the food fest this morning. He's always skeptical of new things that I make, plus the smell of cumin/coriander/curry prolly makes him uneasy, LOL. In any case, that just means more for me! I can't wait to enjoy it for lunch tomorrow.

(I must apologize for my crappy iPhone 3G photos. And my dirty stove. Eventually I'll upgrade to a real camera or try breaking out the Sony camera/camcorder machine.)

No comments:

Post a Comment