Friday, November 26, 2010

Tree is up!

Yep. That is our tree for real. This year it's in a new location instead of its usual spot on top of a stereo speaker because that is currently occupied by a Halo: Reach statue (the other speaker holds the Halo 3 Spartan helmet).

My mom used to set this tree up in my bedroom when I was little, although at that time it was decorated with tiny pink and cream ornaments to match my room. It wasn't until I was 20/21 that I set it up in my cube at work complete with the Star Wars ornaments you see pictured.

Oh yeah, Darth Vader is my tree topper. I totally went there! And that ribbon? It has gingerbread men on it.

Since I acquired the ornaments, I've added a small string of lights. Last year I happened upon the tree skirt on super sale at Joann's. The tree is finally complete!

Someday when we have a bigger house (or a kid!), we may put up a bigger tree. At that point, we'll be switching to a real one since the hubs is against fake stuff. I think I can only get away with the tiny fake tree because (1) We already had it and (2) It's covered in Star Wars ornaments and therefore funny.

Overall we don't have much in the way of holiday decorations because we tend to stay away from knickknack type things (video game items seem to somehow be excluded from this). There's basically the tree, holiday throw pillows, a wintry centerpiece on the dining table (complete with REAL pinecones and REAL cranberries), and a stocking for the cats. Yes, the cats get a stocking, LOL. Also, we're not really Christmas celebrators- we only participate because our families do so it's "tradition."

I'm looking forward to reading the holiday postings for all the blogs I follow, especially the ones of people who live near me. Even though I've lived in and around Columbus my whole life, I feel like I'm learning more about the city through these other blog writers.

Hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving! I'm obviously not participating in the Black Friday craziness (for once). Hopefully those of you who are out there today are scoring great deals!

No comments:

Post a Comment