Thursday, January 6, 2011

Go figure

Why is it that after it sputtered snow all day that NOW is when it starts to fall faster and really stick to the ground (and car)? Not cool, Mother Nature. Not cool.

I'm WAY behind on my 100 mile challenge, having logged only 5.25 miles in 6 days. Tonight I had hoped to get some miles in and try out a new kickboxing class at the gym. Since I don't feel comfortable driving the Neon in the snow, I'll be staying put. Plus, I don't want to deal with the start of rush hour with this snow falling and the roads probably aren't treated or cleared. Grr! Looks like I'll have to make do with some DVDs instead, although that doesn't help me track miles. I caved yesterday at lunch and tried a Leslie Sansone 2 mile walk via On Demand...not really my thing, but I sweated. I just wish there was something else to watch than her for 30 minutes!

Maybe I can haul myself out of bed early tomorrow and hit the gym. Hahahaha! I don't know how I managed all those months of 6:30 AM workouts with the trainer before- I can't even get up at 7AM anymore! Why bother when you can just roll out of bed, walk into the other room, and fire up the computer and get to work? Tomorrow evening I definitely plan to be at the gym for Dance!Dance! because the instructor is awesome and has promised us new choreography for the new year.

Anyone else struggling with their resolutions/goals to get more activity in? Sometimes I wish I had a treadmill in the basement, but I wonder if that would really make a difference. How do you stay motivated?

No comments:

Post a Comment