Tuesday, October 12, 2010

The second worst protein shake ever

Never mix the following ingredients together: vanilla protein powder, unsweetened vanilla almond milk, and 1 packet of Starbucks Via. Grossest thing EVER. I needed a caffeine boost and it was time for the afternoon protein shake, but this was an unfortunate combination. The only concoction worse than this was what I made yesterday: vanilla protein powder, unsweetened almond milk, 1.5 tbsp peanut flour (kinda like PB2), and roughly 2 cups of spinach. Now normally that combo is fine...when half a frozen banana is included in the mix. I left it out only because I'm trying to eat super clean this week and bananas don't factor in to the Cooler 1 plan (although, neither does that peanut flour...).

And while you may be cringing at the thought of adding spinach to a shake/smoothie, you really don't notice it if you have the right amount of the other ingredients. My PB & Banana shake may be green, but it totally tastes like a PB & Banana smoothie.

These past two days have found me working at home, which is a nice change, but then I miss my cool view from my cube. I haven't been able to watch the squirrels or the occasional crow plucking a mouse...yeah, that happened last week and was morbidly entertaining. Other than an actual office with real walls and a door, I think this is the best location in our office. The wall magically stops right at my opening so I get a full view of the outside.

Changes recently at work have greatly increased the probability that I could work exclusively from home, but not only would I miss my awesome cube (be jealous!), my husband also works at the same company so I miss out on carpooling in with him. I've still been a good wife and packed him his lunch both days. Whether or not he eats it, I can't say...he's so picky and prolly ended up at McD's instead of eating his slightly healthier (and free!) lunch.

So while I toiled all day, finishing up an old project, listening to conference calls, and reading up on new things, Ben was doing this ===============>

Other than changing positions, I think he hasn't moved. All day.

No comments:

Post a Comment