Sunday, November 28, 2010

Cream cheese icing for breakfast

Why not? I'm currently enjoying a piece of the Cranberry Bliss Bars I baked last night along with a cup of coffee with Bailey's. Mmm...

The cake part seems a little dry even though I had it fully covered overnight. Even still, it tastes (and smells) delicious. I took a shortcut by not piping the white chocolate drizzle, so there are some tasty white chocolate clumps.





Today we're heading over to my parents for brunch since we didn't get to spend time with them on Thanksgiving. Since I made the Rum Balls in part for mom, I put together a little cookie plate to take with. After spending the night in the fridge, the balls look really nice, but unfortunately they don't taste rumalicious. Maybe dark rum would have made a difference? Or the coffee powder I added was too strong? They taste like dark chocolate coffee balls with a (very) slight hint of rum. With the brand we normally buy smelling/tasting extremely strong, I'd have to think next time I'll just have to add even MORE rum.

I wonder how these would be with Bailey's...

Depending on how long we're at the parents, I might be heading off to rejoin Weight Watchers this evening. I've been stuffing whatever in my face and not exercising, which is never a good combination. They have a brand new program that's launching, so I'm excited to try it out. My first run with WW was successful (years ago), but any other times haven't been so great, but that's due solely to me not following the rules.

If I can't get there today, I'll have to check out a lunchtime meeting tomorrow. Can't wait to get started!

1 comment:

  1. Loving these recipes Nicole! Those cranberry bars look delicious and you can never go wrong with booze and chocolate. :D

    ReplyDelete