Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Mmm...sugar

I'm totally obsessing right now about wanting to attend A Splendid Holiday in December. It's an event to benefit Local Matters, which is a organization that promotes local, healthy, sustainable, and accessible food. I'm totally on board with all that.

This is the list of companies they have on the invite- I wonder if there are samples from all of them? OMG, drool!

Jeni’s Splendid Ice Creams, Small Business Beanstalk, 3 Babes and a Baker, Sugardaddy’s Sumptuous Sweeties, Pistacia Vera, Pattycake Bakery, Sassafras Bakery, Middle West Spirits, Rockmill Brewery, Brothers Drake Meadery, and Barley’s Brewing Company

I love Jeni's. When I travel to the North Market, I make it a point to have a scoop (or three) for my breakfast...followed directly by a steaming cup of hot coffee. Pattycake Bakery is also yummalicious. Oh, and don't forget Pistacia Vera's macarons. Basically this party sounds like a sugar coma waiting to happen!

Speaking of breakfast ice cream, I should be indulging my sweet tooth this Saturday at the North Market Holiday Open House & Craft Extravaganza. Looks like there will be a lot of vendors selling their wares just in time for holiday gift giving. I'm hoping to pick up some local wine for my dad and some other fun local foodie items for my mom. And I'm sure I can find plenty for me!

1 comment:

  1. Yum! I like the sound of breakfast ice cream and Local Matters - what a great organization!

    Sarah at Classroomchic

    ReplyDelete