Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy 2011!

I hope all is well for everyone this first day of 2011! It's been a pretty low-key day here, which has been the case ALL week. I'm kinda down that vacation is almost over, but it's been great to do nothing all week- no responsibilities! Well, other than volunteering last Monday and then another shift tomorrow afternoon, I haven't had to be anywhere to do anything.

I didn't get to log any miles for the 1 Month, 100 Miles challenge because (go figure) my back started acting up. At least this particular unpleasantness is in the middle of my lower back instead of the "bad" area on my right side. I've been fine for weeks, but after last night's viewing of True Grit from the second row (almost like 3D!), it hasn't felt right. Grr. I do plan on getting into the gym tomorrow morning for 6 miles on the treadmill...which is going to take forever just walking it.

So am I the only person who passed out before midnight last night? I recall waking up because the neighbors were setting off fireworks, but I just couldn't make it to watch the ball drop. With less than 4 hours of sleep from the night before (no idea why, but I finished the Prisoner of Azkaban!), I was exhausted. We didn't do anything exciting other than have dinner at the movies...which consisted of popcorn for me and nachos for him...and then watched an old documentary In Debt We Trust...which I feel asleep during.

Today I ventured out to pick up the yogurt maker! Right now it's cooking up a batch of (hopefully Greek) yogurt made with Snowville Creamery milk. Using 2% milk take 9 hours! I'm going to be up past midnight! I also picked up an OXO mandoline, intent on recreating the homemade potato chips mom made for Christmas. I suppose the food processor could have sliced things up for me, but I've never figured out how those plates work. It's strictly used for blending/grinding things.

Actually, I've been reorganizing the kitchen (hope to have pics tomorrow!) and found a blender in a hard-to-reach cabinet. Does anyone use theirs? Mine never gets used. Might as well get rid of it since it's just taking up space.

I'm off to try making caramels while my heavy cream is still fresh. Looking forward to yogurt for breakfast in the morning!

1 comment:

  1. Ooh, neat! I'm excited to hear how it turns out (the yogurt)!

    ReplyDelete