Friday, December 10, 2010

Step, step, step-flail-change

LOL, tonight I survived (or at least I think I did- ask me tomorrow...or in an hour) my first cardio dance class. Titled simply "Dance!Dance!," I wasn't quite sure what type of dancing I was in for. My best guess was it wasn't ballroom style, which I actually can do.

Despite all those years of band (concert, jazz, and marching) and my love of music, I have REALLY bad coordination. Or maybe it's more of a spatial awareness problem because I suck at first-person shooter video games, yet I can rock out on the drums in Rock Band. Anyhow, there was a lot of confusion on my part as I tried to follow along, but the important part is that I didn't feel totally stupid doing it. WIN! I suppose with time I'll get better.

Actually, I was feeling pretty good about myself, so when I got home, I told the hubs that he needs to go with me sometime. There were guys in the class...who were actually good. Still mostly women and very crowded, but I managed. I had planned (brought my mat!) to go to yoga afterwards, but it was a 15 minute wait for class to start. I can always hit a class or two up this weekend or even pop in one of my many yoga dvds.

This evening I'm going to rest, drink my water, and try to decide what type of bread to bake this weekend. My goal tomorrow is to get back to the gym for a spin class...although, I can't wait to see how I feel! I feel like I got beat up!

No comments:

Post a Comment