Sunday, December 5, 2010

Sunday Blues

Ugh. Sunday evenings are so depressing. You know you didn't get done all you needed to do over the weekend, plus the work week is looming. I'm so unmotivated at this point, all I want to do is curl up with a book until it's time for Boardwalk Empire and zombies.

My baking plans for today were put on hold so that I could visit with my best friend her new baby. She lives in California, so I rarely get to see her. Unfortunately it wasn't the best visit as there were a ton of family and family friends that were also visiting with her, a lot of time was spent feeding the baby. and my husband couldn't make it because he's been sick all week and didn't feel up to going, nor did he want to risk getting the baby or my friend sick. The last time they visited (maybe this time last year?), we met at a little kosher bakery near German Village and talked for hours. Her, her husband, and my husband are all great conversationalists. That's what was really missing from this visit, but there just wasn't time. We'd love to go visit them in CA, but we're not sure when that will be. We've got the vacation time, but it's all about the money.

At least I have bread baking to look forward to tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment